Updated: April 23, 2021
UPDATE: Effective Monday April 26th, our Covid-19 patient screening protocol has CHANGED. Changes are listed below.
UPDATE: As per the public health order, 14 days of self-isolation is required for people returning or coming to Manitoba from all jurisdictions.
Individuals who travelled internationally or inter-provincially must go into mandatory self-isolation (quarantine) for 14 days from the date of arrival to Manitoba.
Covid-19 Screening Protocols:
- Please do not arrive early for your appointment. You may be asked to return to your vehicle.
- If you are being dropped off, please do not to arrive early as capacity remains limited.
The south parking lot has a 10 minute free drop off time limit (pull a ticket upon entry and use the same ticket to exit if less than 10 minutes).
- Dynacare Patients will continue to be screened and queued in the main lobby of the Brandon Clinic to comply with waiting room capacity guidelines.
- In order to maintain proper social distancing measures, waiting room seating has been reduced and signage has been placed in seating areas and on floors.
- Please attend your appointment alone. If you do require a support person please call and let the receptionist know PRIOR to coming to the appointment. If a support person is necessary, please limit to one person.
The support person and yourself will go through the screening process and are required to wear a mask.
- One parent or guardian allowed for pediatric appointments unless otherwise arranged with the physician.
- You can now enter and exit the facility through the North and South Doors including the Kim's restaurant entrance.
- The East entrance facing the hospital will remain closed.
- Upon entry, please use the hand sanitizer located at the entrances/exits.
- Screening will continue through our website and by the receptionists when you present to the station. Staff will no longer be at the doors.
- Wheelchairs are available in the main lobby and at the walk-in desk.
- In accordance with the recommendations from Public Health, we require everyone to wear their own personal face mask while at the Brandon Clinic or Brandon Clinic West. Masks are encouraged for children over the age of 2 however are mandatory for children over the age of 5.
-If you are unable to wear a mask due to a health condition, please let the receptionist know PRIOR to coming to your appointment. Masks can be found at most retailers in the city.
- In accordance with Shared Health best practice recommendation, if you are a medical professional, please do not wear your work uniform/scrubs to your personal appointment.
Do you have new onset or worsening of any ONE of the following symptoms:
1. Fever >38°C or think you have a fever or chills
3. Sore throat or a hoarse voice
4. Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties
5. Loss of taste or smell
6. Vomiting or diarrhea for more than 24hrs.
If yes to any one of the above, please contact your physician's office now for further instructions.
If no, please continue
Do you have new onset or worsening of any TWO of the following symptoms:
1. Runny Nose
2. Muscle Aches
4. Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
6. Skin rash of unknown cause
7. Nausea or loss of appetite
8. Poor feeding (in an infant)
If yes to any two of the above, please contact your physician's office now for further instructions.
In the last 14 days,
1. Are you currently waiting for COVID-19 test results?
2. Have you been instructed by Public Health to self isolate?
3. Have you returned from travel outside of Manitoba?
4. Have you been in a setting that has been identified by Public Health as a risk for acquiring COVID-19, such as on a flight, in a workplace or at an event?
5. Have you had a laboratory exposure while working directly with specimens known to contain COVID-19?
6. Have you been in direct contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19?
If you answered yes to any of the above, please contact your physician's office now for further instructions.